“I got a fan letter from a young lady. It was a suicide note.
So I called her, and I said, “Hey, this is Jimmy Doohan. Scotty, from Star Trek.” I said, “I’m doing a convention in Indianapolis. I wanna see you there.”
I saw her — boy, I’m telling you, I couldn’t believe what I saw. It was definitely suicide. Somebody had to help her, somehow. And obviously she wasn’t going to the right people.
I said to her, “I’m doing a convention two weeks from now in St. Louis.” And two weeks from then, in somewhere else, you know? She also came to New York - she was able to afford to got to these places. That went on for two or three years, maybe eighteen times. And all I did was talk positive things to her.
And then all of the sudden — nothing. I didn’t hear anything. I had no idea what had happened to her because I never really saved her address.
Eight years later, I get a letter saying, “I do want to thank you so much for what you did for me, because I just got my Master’s degree in electronic engineering.”
That’s…to me, the best thing I’ve ever done in my life.”
Miles On My Bare Feet - Fallout: New Vegas fanmix
Songs about the Mojave and its people
01. Crippled Black Phoenix - (Dig, Bury, Deny) |
02. Delta Rae - Bottom of the River |
03. Laura Marling - Devil’s Spoke |
04. Strawfoot - Wayfarin Stranger |
05. Johnny Cash - Further On Up the Road |
06. Kari Kimmel - Black |
07. Timber Timbre - It’s Only Dark |
08. Noah Gundersen - Oh Death |
09. The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow |
10. Murder by Death - Comin’ Home